IN PARTNERSHIP WITH 12 STONES CHURCH
- The residency start dates are March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1 each year.
- Residents work a total of approximately 30 hours per week.
- Residents are paid $700 per month (includes housing for single residents).
Residents gain experience by serving on a staff team in one of our ministry departments. The department is agreed upon with the resident based on experience, team chemistry, and desired ministry vocation. Below you’ll find the departments at
- Children’s Ministry
- Youth Ministry (Middle School & High School)
- Spiritual Formation
- Pastoral Ministry
- Social Justice
- Creative Arts
How will I grow throughout the residency process?
- Ministry Experience: Ministry Experience is what the residency is all about. The purpose of the residency is to ensure that the residents have the leadership capacity and know-how to effectively and competently lead. In order to do this, residents need significant real-life, hands-on experience—that’s where we come in.
- Leadership Coaching: Ministry coaching works in conjunction with Ministry Experience. Two times per month, the resident coach will meet with the resident one-on-one to discuss ministry. The purpose of this coaching meeting is to ensure that the resident is growing in ministry competence during this residency.
- Personal Development: Personal development is similar to leadership coaching, but is more about who the resident is, not what the resident does. Two times per month, the Resident Coach will meet one-on-one for personal development time with the resident. The purpose of this meeting is to ensure that the resident is growing as a person and in their relationship with the Lord during this residency.
- Leadership Training Curriculum: The Leadership Training Curriculum is unpacked during a weekly training meeting and gives valuable insight into different types of leadership. The Leadership Training Curriculum covers
self leadership, relational leadership, and organizational leadership. This curriculum has an “Elective Quarter” where the resident can learn about Pastoral Ministry, Preaching Ministry, or Worship Ministry.
- Church Culture: Being part of a winning team is contagious. Residents benefit greatly from being invited into a staff and church culture that is thriving and healthy. Within this context, they pick up nuances and attitudes that separate winning teams from other teams.
- Quarterly Evaluations: Each quarter, a formal evaluation process gives feedback to the resident as well as the Resident Coach about the residency and the resident’s readiness for ministry. While the evaluation process is an important tool in its own right, it also serves as a catch for any development issues that have been inadvertently overlooked in other processes.
The Application Process
- Clear calling into vocational ministry
- Graduation from college
- Chemistry with
ccdelcophilosophy, mission, and staff culture
- Some ministry experience
- Clear ministry competence and leadership potential
- Successful completion of application process
- Prepare Residency Questionnaire: This step takes a while to complete and is required with the online application. Click here to download the questionnaire before starting online. Click here to complete the online questionnaire.
- Submit Online Application: Click here to apply today.
- Interview Process: Meet with your residency program pastor in person or by phone.
- References: Provide 3 references as part of application process.
- Background Check: A background check is performed as part of the application and interview process.
- Invitation: Church officially invites applicant to residency program!
If you have any questions about this Residency program and want to talk further before applying, shoot Melissa an email at ! We'd love to hear from you.